*Results May Vary*
Acne Solutions Markham
Laser treatments are the fastest way to deal with scars and hyper-pigmentation left behind when acne heals, but can also be beneficial for inflammatory acne. However, it’s not known to be particularly helpful for non-inflammatory comedonal acne. The primary benefit of laser therapy, as well as the primary drawback of laser therapy, is that is has very precise effects. If you are looking for a place that has acne solutions in the Markham area, then LightTouch Med Spa is the place for you! Read on for more information about acne solutions at our medical spas.
How do laser acne treatment work?
Lasers produce intense monochromatic light, light that is limited to a very a narrow band of wavelengths. This light has no effect on some substances, and high-intensity effects on others. One setting might heat hemoglobin but have no effect on neighbouring skin cells. Another setting might “melt” the melanin that causes deep pigmentation on the skin. A third might vaporize tattoo ink. Dermatologists use lasers to destroy specific substances at specific depths in the skin. The primary effects of laser light in skin resurfacing are photothermic, heating a particular substance in the skin. The process of using laser to remove blemishes in the skin is known as photothermolysis, the breakdown of selected tissues in the skin. Continuous laser light would destroy tissues surrounding the target as the target tissue heated, so laser skin treatment is usually done with pulsed lasers.
Advantages of laser treatment as an acne solution
Laser treatments are highly recommended to repair acne scarring because they work in teamwork with the natural systems that protect and rebuild the skin’s tissue. Compared to harsher methods such as chemical peels, glycolic acids, punch excision, and surgical lasers, laser treatments are the safest, most natural way to address acne scarring. The side effects of laser treatment are also minimal, sometimes resulting in temporary crusting, swelling, dilated blood vessels, or potentially some blood spotting.
What are the different types of laser treatments for acne solutions?
There are 5 main types of laser treatments that are used to address acne scarring.
- Fraxel lasers: Are non-ablative lasers that do not vaporize any tissue. Instead, they heat the columns of tissue with laser energy, thereby stimulating natural, new collagen production in the skin.
- Carbon dioxide lasers: Provide high-quality results that are considered to be better than Fraxel laser treatments. Through emitting short bursts of high-energy laser, the scar tissue is vaporized layer by layer. Within 3 to 10 days, patients see a full recovery.
- Fractional laser treatment: Is widely considered the best treatment for acne scars, whereby only a small portion of the skin is treated, stimulating faster healing and the production of collagen.
- Pixel Lasers: Apply small pin-sized points to the affected regions, providing a highly accurate depth of penetration that is guaranteed to leave the rest of the skin untouched and intact.
- ActiveFx and DeepFx lasers: Are specific lasers that target the superficial and deeper layers, respectively.
For more information about laser acne treatment at LightTouch Med Spa, and why this procedure is considered to be the most effective acne solutions in the Markham area, please feel free to continue browsing through our website. Click here to find our contact information and to fill out our contact form.