What Does Laser Tattoo Removal Cost?
One of the most common questions we receive at LightTouch Med Spa in Milton is: “What does laser tattoo removal cost?” Truthfully, the cost will vary depending on a number of factors, such as:
- The colour of your tattoo
- The size of your tattoo
- The depth of your tattoo
- The type of ink used
Why will the cost vary depending on the colour of my tattoo?
- The colour of your tattoo will determine the number of treatments you’ll need to remove your tattoo. Most often, black ink is easier to eliminate than other colours. Colours such as blue and green are also easier to remove most often, than colours such as red, pink, yellow, orange, and white. With that said, our laser technology offers an effective solution to eradicating all colours, but some colours may require more treatments than others.
Why will the cost vary depending on the size of my tattoo?
- The size of your tattoo will also determine the number of treatments. With that being said, a smaller tattoo will cost much less than a larger tattoo removal session. We offer free consultations for individuals so that our medical aestheticians can assess your skin to determine the cost of your treatment.
Why will the cost vary depending on the depth of my tattoo?
- Many people don’t realize that tattoos have different depths, depending on how heavy or light the hand of the artist was. When your tattoo artist has a heavy hand, or if your tattoo is very dark, the ink will be more deeply imbedded into your skin than that of a tattoo with fine lines. When the ink is deeply imbedded into your skin, your laser tattoo removal
Why will the cost vary depending on the type of ink used?
- For years our clients have been looking for a safe way to remove their unwanted tattoos but it hasn’t been until recently that modern technology has delivered. Using the Harmony Q-Switched Nd: YAG laser we are now able to effectively remove tattoos of any colours from any area.
Before you have your first laser tattoo removal treatment, it is essential that you book a free consultation so that you can gain a better understanding of what to expect during and after your treatment. Additionally, during a consultation, your medical aesthetician will assess your tattoo in order to determine your laser tattoo removal cost. Our Milton location has become a popular location for tattoo removal treatments, as it is a centralized hub that offers
The Q-Switched laser shoots an intense beam of light which is directed at the tattoo to shatter and break down the ink into manageable particles that are then eliminated by the body’s lymphatic elimination system. The dye in the unwanted tattoo is all that is targeted by the laser so this is safe for the surrounding skin and there is little risk of scarring of skin damage from the treatment. Over the course of a short series of treatments spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart, the tattoo being targeted gradually fades then disappears, with the darker, more visible ink colours such as black, red and blue disappearing first followed by lighter colours such as green and yellow. With years of experience under our belt we have found that professional tattoos from tattoo studios typically take 5 to 8 treatments for clients to achieve their desired results, while homemade tattoos typically need 3 to 5 treatments for desired results.
During the treatments our highly trained medical aestheticians use the Harmony Nd:YAG laser to shoot short bursts of light at the unwanted tattoo. Though the treatments are relatively painless, we like to apply a topical anesthesia to minimize discomfort. Our clients say the treatments feel like a short, quick snap from an elastic band.
Recovery from the tattoo removal treatments is very quick. Following the session we dress the treated area with antibacterial ointment to keep the area clean and reduce any risk of infection. Scabs that form should never be picked or removed or a scar could result.
After your treatment you may experience swelling, bruising, or blistering. This is normal. Please discuss our aftercare protocol with your medical aesthetician.
Book a free consultation to learn more about laser tattoo removal cost at LightTouch Med Spa in Milton by clicking here or calling our toll-free line: 1-888-954-2667.